- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour, plus 1 Tbsp.
- 3 Tbsp.sugar
- 1 Tbsp.baking powder
- ¼ tsp.salt
- 6 Tbsp.butter
- 1egg, slightly beaten
- ¾ cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Toss the chopped straw berries with 1 Tbsp of flour and set aside.
- Combine all the dry ingredients and using a pastry blender or food processor, combine the butter
until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Combine the egg, ricotta, and cream. Add egg mixture all at once to the dry ingredients. Add
strawberries. Using a fork, stir until just moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough by folding and gently pressing it for 10 to 12 strokes or until dough is nearly smooth. Pat dough into a 10 x 4 rectangle or circle. Cut into 12 rectangles or triangles.
- Place pieces 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with whipping cream and sprinkle with course sugar.
- Bake 15-18 minutes. Serve warm.